Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Journal#5 Twitter

I like Twitter more than Facebook but I hardly ever tweet.  I am following some people or groups that are interested to me on Twitter and I checked them periodically.   
I don't against any social media; I just find it very time consuming.  With Twitter where it limits the users to tweet 140 characters or less, I can read the tweets fairly quickly and check out the links that are helpful to me.  For example, I follow several authors on Twitter, one of them is Sir Kenneth Robinson, the famous English author, speaker and international adviser on education in the arts to government, non-profits, and education and arts bodies.  He tweets about what he thinks about education and what he recommended the follower to read.  Here's an example of his tweet: 



I know my school district sent out tweets to announce district events.  I found it helpful for me to know what's going on with my school district.  I also follow local news stations and they tweet when there's a breaking news happening I think in a way, Twitter serves as a notification tool (app) for me.  



Q1. What are the benefits of using Twitter? 
There are many benefits of using Twitter and I have narrowed it to three: 
1.                Twitter gets people informed and connected with what's going on with our world 
2.                It promotes business and products -free internet marketing 
3.                keep people on top of hot topics 

Q2.  Can Twitter to be used in the educational setting? 
Yes.  In fact there are many school district, educational organizations and scholars are using Twitters.  Here are some of very examples of educational hasgtags: 







1 comment:

  1. I agree that Twitter can be a great resource for parents to know what is happening at their school site. My school's PTA has their own Twitter account and they tweet regularly about upcoming school events.

    ReplyDelete